This is an easy pizza made with a tortilla—I use flour, but corn tortillas would be just as good. Place the tortilla on an oiled non-stick pan or a regular pan lined with non-stick aluminum foil, and on top of that I put some thinly sliced onion, tomato, olive oil, and cover it with cheese. Many varieties of cheese and toppings can be used; feel free to be creative with what you have on hand. Place the whole thing in the oven for about 12 minutes to make a delightful lunch.
IngredientsWith just a few simple clicks, you can add these ingredients directly into an online shopping cart at Instacart!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tortillas (7-inch)
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ small onion, thinly sliced
- About ⅔ cup shredded cheese, any variety
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Julienned basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil, shiny side down; drizzle with olive oil. Rub both sides of the tortillas in the oil, then lay them on the baking sheet. Cover each tortilla with a few slices of tomato and season with salt and pepper. Scatter onion and basil leaves on top and drizzle with olive oil. Top each tortilla with ⅓ of a cup of shredded cheese. Bake until the tortilla crisps and the cheese is melted and bubbly, 12-14 minutes. Let rest for 2–3 minutes before serving topped with additional julienned basil.
This recipe presented by